College Speaker & Author. Career Coach. Job Market Strategist.
“Easing Job Search Pain. Accelerating Early Career Success. Making DREAMS Come True!”
Dr. Moss is the only College Speaker and Career Coach in the country who helps colleges achieve their job placement goals for undergraduate Millennials who want to land dream jobs in an extremely competitive global job market where thousands of talented students graduate each year without being able to find jobs while having high student-loan debt.
Specialized Knowledge and Expertise
Dr. Moss is an internationally recognized resource in the fields of college success, internships, job search success, early career acceleration, and leadership. He has contributed to career development articles, stories, and presentations for career service organizations and media outlets, such as, Cleveland’s Plain Dealer Newspaper, The Urban Business Roundtable, Intern Bridge, Internships.com, and Fox 8 TV News. Most notably, Dr. Moss writes for BlackEnterprise.com as a weekly contributor providing articles for its Career Section. His articles have advanced the careers of thousands of students and young professionals across the country. Dr. Moss works closely with college administrators and travels extensively to colleges, universities, and conferences as a professional speaker, trainer, and master of ceremonies. He utilizes his incredible talents and positive messages to help students make their career dreams come true by teaching them current industry best practices that empower them to: 1) develop their personal career path, 2) reduce their job search pain, and 3) accelerate their early career growth.
Over the years, Dr. Moss has been privileged to develop a powerful network of highly successful professionals. His network of high achievers is comprised of astronauts, millionaires, U.S. Congressional officials, FBI agents, famous celebrities, former NBA & NFL players, doctors, authors, senior executives, and national business moguls. Dr. Moss has had personal encounters with leading self-help and business experts, such as, Dr. Wayne Dyer, Les Brown, John C. Maxwell, Farrah Gray, and George Fraser. From this high-profile network, Dr. Moss has learned amazing career success principles and is committed to vigorously studying these principles in an effort to uncover job market secrets so college students and young job seekers can fast-track their careers.
Not only does Dr. Moss study career success, but he attains it as well. Despite being pushed through a troubled inner-city K-12 public school system in Cleveland, Ohio and being raised by a struggling single parent; he overcame all negative odds and statistics through his hard work, perseverance, and self-learned knowledge. Dr. Moss was determined to be a positive light and role model for others; therefore, he began to put his knowledge into practice by achieving extraordinary success at a considerably young age. As proof of his positive influence and leadership, Dr. Moss’ high school class honored him as “Most Likely to Succeed.”
Dr. Moss wrote a dynamic career development book entitled Learn to Intern CEO Style: 71 Leadership Principles That Got Me and Now YOU Money, A Free Graduate Degree, and Respect! to help students land dream jobs in this tough global economy. He was inspired to write this book as a result of his extensive career development research and professional experience from interning with NASA, the FBI, and in the U.S. Congress on Capitol Hill. Dr. Moss’ popular book has driven early career achievers and professionals alike to succeed in their internships and attain their professional goals. Due to Dr. Moss’ stellar performance and incredible success as an intern, NASA converted him into a full-time federal employee. At NASA Dr. Moss has excelled in various areas as a young leader; namely, his involvement in designing an innovative leadership development program for NASA’s leaders.
Most recently, Dr. Moss co-authored a #1 bestselling book with Les Brown, George Fraser and 30 other inspirational leaders entitled, Mission Unstoppable: Extraordinary Stories of Failures Blessings. This popular book has been used by thousands of people to help them unwrap their gifts and birth their dreams.
Company and Professional Memberships
Dr. Moss is also the Founder and CEO of CEO Style Consulting, LLC. The mission of this company is to empower Millennial college students and young professionals so they can: customize their career path, have a better and faster job search experience, and accelerate their early career growth. Through his company and memberships with the: National Career Development Association, Cooperative Education and Internship Association, Inspiring Speakers Bureau, and NASA Speakers Bureau, Dr. Moss is committed to preparing Millennial students for ultimate career success.
Dr. Moss attended American University as a student in the Washington Semester Program (2004). Subsequently, Dr. Moss obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, with a minor in Psychology, from Baldwin Wallace University (2005). He subsequently earned a Master’s degree in Public Administration, with a focus on General Management and Leadership, from Cleveland State University’s (CSU) Maxine Goodman Levin College of Urban Affairs (2007).At the age of 28, Dr. Moss made history becoming the youngest African-American at Cleveland State University to earn a Ph.D. (2011)from the Urban Studies and Public Affairs doctorate program. In this prestigious program, Dr. Moss intensely studied Leadership and Generation Y Career Development through a rigorous academic lens.
Understanding the importance of service and community development, Dr. Moss graciously volunteers and gives back to his community. He is the Founder and Executive Director Founder of Community Healers Acknowledging Needs Goals and Expectations — C.H.A.N.G.E. Volunteers, Inc. (founded in 2006). As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, the mission of C.H.A.N.G.E. is to develop and empower its members and various community residents through consistent volunteer initiatives in nursing homes and homeless shelters, professional workshops, educational conferences, and team building programs.
With a goal to reach the masses, in addition to volunteering regularly, Dr. Moss hosted a weekly radio segment on the Good Life Inspiration Show. The name of his segment was Change Your Mind, Change Your Life. Dr. Moss used this radio show segment as a platform to share powerful and life-changing words of wisdom and positive stories with the world.
Awards, Recognition, and Honors
Over the last several years Dr. Moss has received the following honors and recognition: The Positive Plus Women’s Support Group Distinguished Gentlemen Award (2012), The National Technical Association Cleveland Chapter Nsoroma Star Leader Award (2011), featured by AT&T as 1 of their top 28 National Movers & Shakers for Black History Month (2010), and inducted into the Pi Alpha Alpha National Honor Society for Public Administration and Public Affairs (2009).
Also, as an intern Dr. Moss played a major role in solving a federal law enforcement case with NASA’s Office of the Inspector General that had gone unsolved for 10 years. He is the youngest African-American to have graduated from Cleveland State University’s College of Urban Studies & Public Affairs doctorate program. Dr. Moss earned his Master’s and Doctorate degrees for free by being awarded scholastic tuition grants for consistently demonstrating academic excellence. Lastly, Dr. Moss played college football as a wide receiver at Washington & Jefferson University.
Career/Achievement Highlights (by the age of 30)
- Designed a results-driven Job Search Success and Career Acceleration ProgramTM. This program is based on my special job search and career acceleration formula and is loaded with powerful job search strategies and tools, cutting-edge career advancement best practices, and dynamic success principles that I have studied and practiced for over a decade. With this extremely innovative and high value program, I do something that is unique to the higher education industry in that I eliminate many of the problems that colleges stressfully experience when it comes to career development with millennial students.
- Created a high performance C.E.O. Maximum Achievement System that empowers professionals to accelerate their personal achievement and happiness, career advancement, and leadership development through a 5-Step process.
- Featured on television, the radio, and newspapers as a community leader and high achievement expert.
- Author of Learn to Intern CEO Style: 71 Leadership Principles that Got Me and Now YOU Money, A Free Graduate Degree, and Respect!
- Completed 7 different internships as a college student. Most notably interned with NASA, the FBI and in the U.S. Congress with late-Congresswoman Stephanie Tubbs-Jones on Capitol Hill.
- As an intern, solved a federal law enforcement case that had gone unsolved for 10 years.
- Converted NASA internship into a full-time career placement and assumed a key leadership position within his department.
- The youngest African-American to graduate from Cleveland State University’s College of Urban Studies & Public Affairs doctorate program.
- Received Master’s and Doctorate degrees for free by earning tuition grants.
- Founder and Executive Director of a highly successful non-profit: C.H.A.N.G.E. Volunteers, Inc. (Community Healers Acknowledging Needs Goals & Expectations).
- Featured by AT&T as 1 of their top 28 “National Movers & Shakers” for Black History Month.
- Received “The Positive Plus Women’s Support Group Distinguished Gentlemen Award”.
- Honored with “The National Technical Association Cleveland Chapter Nsoroma Star Leader Award.”
- Inducted into the “Pi Alpha Alpha National Honor Society for Public Administration and Public Affairs.”
- Reached over 50,000 students and professionals with his “Witness This National Career Development Campaign.”
- Honored as “The Most Likely to Succeed” by High School graduating class.
- Played college football as a wide receiver.
- Featured in Who’s Who in Black Cleveland (8th Edition) publication for being an extraordinarily high achieving professional in Cleveland.
January 9, 2013 After relaxing a lot and spending valuable time with family over the holidays, thousands of college students have just returned back to campus this week. While the refreshing break was needed, oftentimes it can be difficult for students to get back into the swing of things with their campus activities. As you […]
I just finished reading an article about stress that was published by USA Today. I learned that a total of 2,020 adults 18 and older completed online surveys that gauged their stress levels. This study was conducted for the American Psychological Association to determine America’s stress level. One of the most shocking findings to me […]
I was watching television earlier today and heard the phrase “sometimes you just have to keep it moving”! This struck me as rather profound because so many people want to achieve great things in life, but they’re afraid to “keep it moving”. One of the best attributes of highly successful people is their ability to […]